Friday, April 29, 2011

Automakers, let my wife use the nav

Filed under:

Buick Regal

My wife and I have been shopping for a house in the Bay Area for the better part of a month (if you're selling in Oakland, hit me up) and, as you'd imagine, that means entering a lot of addresses into a lot of different navigation systems. Since I've got the directional ability of a brain-damaged opossum, the proliferation of in-car GPS (and mobile map apps) has moved beyond a convenience to an absolute necessity.

But there's a problem..

About half the vehicles block out destination entry while the car's in motion - a serious PITA when you're bouncing from one fixer-upper to the next..

Now we're fully aware that voice control is the future and the public shouldn't be fiddling with touchscreens and all-in-one knobs while driving through a school zone, but what if you've got a perfectly capable passenger sitting in the seat next to you?.

There's a simple solution..

Continue reading Opinion: Automakers, let my wife use the nav

Continue reading Automakers, let my wife use the nav

Automakers, let my wife use the nav originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 28 Apr 2011 14:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Source: http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/28/opinion-automakers-let-my-wife-use-the-nav/

Arrow Electronics Asml Holding Asustek Computer At&T Autodesk

No comments:

Post a Comment